How Can We Help?

What are the consequences for my salary of the 30% tax ruling?


I am due to move to Holland and my employer believes I will qualify. Does this ruling mean that I will effectively be tax free on earnings say of € 85,000 per annum, or is 30% taken as a deduction and I pay tax on the balance? If so, what would be the rate applied?


If the 30% ruling is granted to you your employer can pay 30% of the agreed salary as a tax free allowance. The remaining 70% is taxed based on the standard tax rates. Because of this your net salary can roughly be 15% higher.

Previous Bank savings and 30% ruling. Foreign bank accounts. What to declare?
Next What are the consequences for the unemployment benefit and company pension if I have the 30% ruling?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Expatax assists with:

Recent posts