How can I prove that I satisfy the 150 km requirement?
If you were recruited from abroad we have to prove to the tax authorities that
- you were living outside the Netherlands when you were recruited by your employer and
- that you were living there (or any other foreign country) during at least 16 months in the past 2 years.
If the employment contract includes your foreign address then this is proof that you were recruited from abroad.
To prove number 2 additional documents are required. Your resume or a LinkedIn profile is not sufficient unfortunately.
Examples of proof that the Dutch tax authorities accept are:
- Bank statements for this period (with your foreign address)
- Salary statements for this period (with your foreign address)
- Employment contract which was valid in this period or a confirmation from the employer during which period you worked there
- Rental contract abroad
- Gas/water/electricity bills for this period or overview bank account showing these payments.
- Proof of (de)registration from the local authorities abroad
- Other evidence that can be used to prove residence abroad in this period
The more documents are provided with the application the better.