Tax return


Tax return 2012


The 2012 tax return can be filed till 31 December 2017.

Since January 2013 it is possible to file the income tax return for the year 2012. If you receive an invitation from the tax office to file a tax return then this must be done before 1 April 2013. Once you have received all the necessary documents the tax return can be filed.


If you receive an invitation after 1 March 2013 the deadline will normally end on the first day of the month after a whole month has passed. The tax office can be requested to grant a time extension for filing the tax return. Expatax can arrange an automatic time extension of 1 year.


If you don't receive an invitation it is still possible to file a tax return if you have income which wasn't taxed or not for the right amount or if you have certain deductions.


If the tax return is filed before 1 April 2013 the tax authorities should send you a provisional tax assessment showing a refund or an amount to be paid by you before 1 July 2013. Depending on the situation the tax office may also issue a provisional tax assessment for 2012. The tax office will also calculate interest. If an M form is filed a separate request must be sent to the tax office to pay out a provisional refund (in case the M form is filed before 1 April 2013).


Expatax can help you with your 2012 tax return


Of course Expatax can assist you with your tax return. Please check our procedure. On this page you will find a link to our online client questionnaire which will show you which information and documents we need to prepare your tax return. The questionnaire also mentions how all documents can be sent to us.


We will confirm receipt of your documents and you will be appointed a personal tax advisor who will guide you through the procedure and will be available for questions. Once the tax return is completed you will receive a tax report from us which will explain in English how the tax return is created and how the tax is calculated. After your approval of the tax report we will file the tax return with the tax authorities.


More information about filing a tax return can be found in our brochure "Filing a tax return in the Netherlands".