Tax allowances

Tax allowances - tax credits - toeslagen 2017

Childcare Allowance (Kinderopvangtoeslag)

Childcare allowance is an allowance to partly cover the costs for certified childcare. While you work in the Netherlands and use facilities for childcare it’s possible that you are entitled to a childcare allowance. If you have a fiscal partner you and your partner both need to work or study. The amount of the allowance is based on the income of the fiscal partners.

Healthcare Allowance (Zorgtoeslag)

Healthcare allowance is an allowance to partly cover your costs for a healthcare insurance policy. The amount of the allowance is based on the total income. You are entitled to a healthcare allowance if you earn less than € 28,482 or if  you and your partner together earn less than € 37,145. The maximum healthcare allowance on yearly base is € 1,056, for couples the maximum is € 2,040.

Home rental Allowance (Huurtoeslag)

Home rental allowance is an allowance which you are entitled to when you pay more rent than you can basically afford with your income. You are entitled to this allowance when the rent is less than € 710.68 per month (€ 414.02 if age < 23 years) and your income is less than € 22,200 and € 30,150 for fiscal partners.

Childbudget Allowance - Child credit (Kindgebonden budget - kinderkorting)

Childbudget allowance is an allowance you receive when you have children which are younger than 18. The allowance is based on your and your partner’s income and the number of children you have. The tax authorities will contact you if you are entitled to the childbudget allowance.

Expatax can assist you with requesting the above mentioned allowances.


Last updated 27 November 2016